Recipe for Perfume with Herbs
Basic Perfume and After Body Splash RecipeBasic Perfume Recipe
This is the base for the 2nd recipe
1 cup water
1 cup fresh chopped flower blossoms
1. In a bowl place one cheese cloth where the edges are hanging over the bowl.
2. Fill with 1 cup of flower blossoms of your choice.
3. Pour water over the flowers until they are completely covered. Cover and let sit overnight.
4. The next day using the edges of cheesecloth pull it out of the bowl and gently squeeze the scented water into a small pot.
5. Simmer the water until about 1 teaspoon is left. Cool and place into a small bottle.
NOTE: Making perfume this way has a shelf life of about 1 month.
I recommend adding a little bit of alcohol or Witch Hazel as a perservative for the water and herb mixture. You can also add a 1/4 tsp of salt if you would like to keep the water neutralized.
Some suggestions for flowers: Lavender, Lilac, Orange Blossoms or even Honeysuckle.
Anything that is highly fragrant works best.
After-Bath Splash After-bath splashes are great to use when you get out of the tub or any time you desire a light, wispy fragrance.
Combine the following ingredients in a bottle and shake well:
1/2 cup 100-proof vodka
1/2 teaspoon fragrance oil
1 tablespoon glycerin
1 drop food coloring (optional)